"The Art of Cuban Cuisine"
5 Star Reviews!
*Chef Jorge is amazing! He catered my son's wedding this past weekend and everything was absolutely spectacular. We received so many compliments on the food. Chef Jorge is a superstar! We booked him 8 months in advance, since then to the day of the wedding, he always responded to all my emails and calls with any questions and requests. He connected with the venue and communicated with the wedding planner. He made everything go smoothly.
Chef Jorge and his team are the most professional caterers I have ever dealt with! The most important thing though was the food. Be prepared to be blown away. That was the best pork I have ever had in my life and i grew up in Miami with a Cuban family. This food blew them all away!
The appetizers were delicious, hot and fresh. The rice, beans and maduros were amazing. The star was definitely the pig. OMG! The crunchy skin was better than anything I have ever had. My son loved it and I had tons of guests say they were super impressed with how delicious everything was.
There were other food caterers thereat the wedding, but I only had Chef Jorge's food because it was divine. I highly recommend him for any event. He loves what he does, he is good at it and he will do an amazing job!
Love Chef Jorge! Thank you for making our son's wedding so perfect! Maura E.
* I'm a luxury concierge & travel agent based out of Austin, TX. Our agency hired The Stuffed Cuban's Chef Jorge & Chef Charlie to assist with our guest's private chef dinner request during their stay in Miami for F1.
We are extremely impressed with the timely communication, professionalism, and patience that The Stuffed Cuban team provided.
Our guest raved about his positive guest experience by stating the following,
"He was stellar. Food was stellar and the staff/bartender were very sweet and professional. We would like to reserve him now for next year when we come back."
Thanks again, team! We look forward to continue working with you for future requests. Krystal A.
*My wife and I recently had our wedding in Miami, where we wanted freshly cooked, authentic Cuban cuisine. I found Jorge and his team through some Google searches, and their reviews were excellent. 100% 5 stars! And they were right on target! Jorge, his wife Maxine and their team, were incredibly professional from the beginning of our conversations of the meal we wanted and the number of guests attending. We even changed and added to our menu a few times leading up to the event. Jorge obliged happily! On the day of the event the team arrived with plety of time to set up, along with their own equipment and all his team with professional uniforms. They had trays for passing, tables and their own custom tent. They set up in a small area with no complaints. Jorge was sure to tell me the advance notice they needed for cooking before dinner was to be served. And most importantly, the guests loved the food! They came back for seconds and thirds and had left overs for the next day. I would recommend the Stuffed Cuban to anyone that wants to have a memorable event with delicious food! I cannot wait to hire them again, Thanks Jorge, Maxine and team!
*We're so so happy with the Stuffed Cuban. We had a rehearsal wedding party on a yacht for 80 people and they definitely delivered. The food was delicious; The whole roast pork was amazing. The black beans, the plantains, the salad and the salad dressing were excellent The arroz con leche was... the closest a ever had to my grandma's . Jorge and Maxine and The Stuffed Cuban personnel were very professional , they were very accommodating to our needs. Maria Lourdes S.
*The Stuffed Cuban catered my daughter's wedding and it was absolutely awesome! Starting with the world re-known yuca fries and shrimp cocktail, the feast was just beginning. The whole roasted pig in a Cuban mojito was perfectly cooked. Super tender and with that perfect crackling! They also cooked an arroz campesino on the largest paellera I have seen. They included the classic sides of maduros plantain, black beans and a mixed greens salad. All guests could not get enough of the yuca fries and preferred them to the wedding cake! Chef Jorge, Maxine and his staff were the best and I recommend the Stuffed Cuban for any occasion if you want to have great food and impress your guests! Stan B.
*My clients have all had 5 Star experiences with The Stuffed Cuban and Chef Jorge. He is our go to caterer! From menu planning to the day of the event, their team is exceptional and the food is always amazing! My clients have had the whole roasted pig, seafood, countryside and black paellas and their appetizers are the best. You will not be disappointed! Maxine M.
*I could not have asked for a better caterer for my wedding reception! Chef Jorge was so responsive, organized and flexible with our needs; especially during this time of covid. His food was delicious, especially the seafood paella, everyone raved about it! And you wont taste a better dessert coffee flambe. I recommend him, his team and his wife Maxine 1000%! Alyssa M.
*The Stuffed Cuban and Chef Jorge catered two parties for the University of Miami football games at Hard Rock Stadium. The pre-event communication was fantastic, Chef Jorge was highly responsive! Canes fans really enjoyed seeing the live cooking of two pigs each time and had great comments on how the food tasted! Chef came with a very professional and organized team that welcomed and served each quest with the highest level of customer service. I highly recommend the Stuffed Cuban for your next event. Go Canes! Dan B.
Lovely, smiley and efficient service as always! my third time contracting The Stuffed Cuban. This was for a corporate retreat, the other two times were tailgating for Dolphin games! So nice to see people that care about their jibs and care about their customers! Julian P.
This is the second time Rick Case Kia has hired the Stuffed Cuban for a company event. Needless to say it was amazing! Seafood paella and Arroz con pollo for 120 employees. I recommend their food and customer service anytime. I know I will hire them again, you can't go wrong! Looking forward to doing the Caja China again! Marisol D.
*Chef Jorge and the Stuffed Cuban team were a pleasure to work with! They roasted a whole pig for my birthday/New Year's Day. It was a wonderful party. The food was delicious, the leftovers were fantastic and everyone left happy. We cannot wait to work with him again! Emmett M.
*The Food was phenomenal! Chef Jorge, your team did a great job at our wedding reception! Your wife Maxine is a joy to work with as your Day of Coordinator. Your Sous Chef, Cooks and servers were the best. Everyone raved about the food and the drinks! Esther R.
* Chef Jorge is an expert on all things Caja China and whole roasted pigs! We are proud to have partnered with him and his team at the World Food Championship in Dallas. Our booth was by far the most popular among chefs from all over he world. 3 Whole Roasted Pigs in Caja Chinas and 700 pounds of Pork Shoulders cooked in 3 days! See videos and pictures on Instagram @TheStuffedCuban.
Luis @ La Lechonera
*Thank you SO MUCH Chef Jorge for EVERYTHING!!! Our team had an amazing time. Almost 80% of the people there last night came to support us from other racetracks around the country and they kept telling me how good the Cuban food is and that they’ve never had it before. Thank you for making this night so special. Krizia P.
*Jorge everything was spectacular!!! Your team is amazing! José and I are so happy with how everything turned out. It was more beautiful than we expected it would be!
Thank you again for so much attention to detail and for taking care of us the way you and your team did for our wedding! We truly have a forever caterer! ❤️ Natalie and Jose O.
*Chef Jorge catered a national conference party for 700 people with one week's notice and everything went beautifully. Even on a budget he was able to provide abundant delicious food, even passed hors d'oeuvres! On-time, professional, easy and friendly. This is everything catering should be! Nick R.
*We had a graduation party for our son and 4 of his friends after graduating from University of Miami. Chef Jorge was great!! He handled everything for us from the food to all the rentals. Highly recommend him for your next onsite catering event.
Thank you Chef Jorge! Ermina G.
*The Stuffed Cuban catered our wedding for 225 guests., and it was unbelievable. From their flexible and stress-free organization to the event itself, it was a truly perfect evening. And the food, oh my. People are still raving about the ropa vieja and the lechon, and the black beans, and tostones, and everything else. Seriously, the best and most authentic Cuban food in South Florida. I wish we were having another wedding so that we could hire Chef Jorge and his team again. 10 stars! Jared K.
*Chef Jorge was heaven sent. The Stuffed Cuban catered our wedding for over 200 people on February 2, 2019. The main comment we got the very next day was how amazing all the food was! Everyone is still talking about it! Not only that, Jorge was an absolute pleasure to work with. We found him on Yelp after having the crazy idea to have a Noche Buena style dinner for our guests at our wedding. And he delivered. He cooked three 80 pound pigs and had one cooked live on display at our wedding. It was a treat for our Panamanian and Colombian guests who came from all over South America to share in our special day. Jorge handled last-minute guest changes, rentals, linens, everything, with the utmost level of professionalism and we're so grateful for him. To future brides out there, HIRE HIM. Our wedding was an absolute dream and he played a major role in that. Thank you again, Jorge!
*Chef Jorge, there are no words! Everyone was RAVING about the food at our wedding!!! They are still calling me and talking about it! It was absolutely amazing and I am so happy that you personally made it all work so perfectly! Please thank Chef Charlie and Carlos as well for everything they did for us. We truly appreciate it!!! Mister G.
*Hi. We were invited to a family catering zoom party serviced by The Stuffed Cuban. And Boy, we were in for a treat!! The food was delicious, packaging impeccable and delivery right on time...and one or two little extra surprises came with the order that made us smile and feel the warmth in our hearts. I strongly suggest you give them a try. I just checked their website at www.thestuffedcuban.com and the paellas and stuffed tostones looked delicious too. I dealt with Jorge Alvarez myself and he was extremely kind and accommodating. His wife Maxine was also super nice. One of the most specials ladies you will ever know!! She even told me Jorge was a recently ordained Deacon at the Church which to me explained why he was so meek and humble in his demeanor. I wish them both all the success in their new (well not so new..) business. Gustavo O.
*Tonight our family had a delicious dinner with pork, salad, rice, beans and plantain. The presentation was perfect, food was warm and it came to our home. The Zoom party concept is a great idea, you just get a group of your friends, and place the order online. Highly recommend it to anyone. Enjoy! Jim A.
*We ordered Sunday night dinner from The Stuffed Cuban and loved it! Plentiful portions and delicious, well-prepared food. We tried the pork with congri rice. Normally, I don't even care much for congri cause I find it flavorless. Not this one! Very flavorful--the whole family enjoyed it. The pork was tender and juicy and the coconut flan delish. Will order from them again!Elias M.
*We ordered cuban food for catering. The pork was juicy and tasty. My kids that are picky eaters loved it and repeated the next day. The food portion was generous and very well packed. Thanks Stuffed Cuban! Siulin P.
*Thank you so much Chef Jorge and Team! Service and food were 5 Stars! The paellas, seafood and countryside were phenomenal! And the yuca (cassava) fries with cilantro sauce were the best I have ever had. You made me look great in front of my boss! You are the best!!!! B.M.
*Not only is Chef Jorge a good friend but a great chef and a great showman. What a beautiful time we had. So many people enjoyed it and told me so.! Alex V.
* We hired The Stuffed Cuban for our wedding reception and couldn't be happier!!! Chef Jorge and his team will make your event spectacular!!!! The dishes he prepares are stellar and out of this world. The service is like dealing with family; it just doesn't get better than that! He's a talented Chef, he gives a wonderful value but above all he will work with you to prepare a menu that will knock the socks off your guests!!!! No detail is overlooked. He is always responsive and punctual. He overdelivers and your expectations are always exceeded!!! He made our event unique and unforgettable! I don't do a lot of reviews on Yelp, but this was some exceptional food. I catered for a business luncheon and it was extraordinarily good food. It actually resulted in more executives stopping in the room to get some food. Picadillo, Garbanzos, and Flan were my favorites. A+ for Chef Jorge. Absolutely amazing! I would order here again. David C.
*I'm in a professional business that uses many caterers. Chef Jorge from the Stuffed Cuban out did my wildest expectations! Food was amazing, service phenomenal and my clients told me it's the best picadillo they ever had outside of their mother's cooking"Excellent Food Service and Catering! Natalie R.
* Best Cuban food in Miami at reasonable costs. My customers loved the food and they are Cuban! Very Highly Recommended! Frank L.
* Just had a awesome experience working with Chef Jorge "The Stuffed Cuban" Catering service. I found Jorge on yelp and was very impressed with his communication, professionalism, and punctuality. He and his lovely wife Maxine prepared two paella's for our mother 80th birthday celebration. We had 40 guests and the food portions were so large there were leftovers even though many people had seconds. Both the chicken and seafood paella were very flavorful with lots of ingredients. All of the guests were very complementary of the food, many even saying the best they have ever tasted. Well done Chef Jorge and Maxine, you helped make the party a memorable event! Udo R.
*Excellent Food, Service and Catering! Will order again and again! Maria C.
* Jorge is an amazing chef and a great person. You will not regret hiring him for your event. His Seafood Paella was the best I have ever had. He and his daughter worked the event and they were both gracious and accommodating!!! Thanks Jorge! Alex P.
* I was driving by Wynwood starving and came across this food truck. AMAZING FOOD !!! Their stuffed tostones are out of this world! Definitely try it if you see his truck near by. Had to wait in line for a while but it was definitely well worth it ! I seriously hope to see them out again. Very friendly people as well ! Lais B.
* The Stuffed Cuban did it again! We had an event at St. John Clinic Medical Center for Mother's Day and we made the right choice to bring him in as he put a smile in many Moms who attended. The Moms left with a big smile and full of compliments for Chef Jorge and his daughter. Wow & Amazing & Fantastic were just a few words used to describe the Food Chef Jorge made for them. Thanks again to the Alvarez family and may God continue to Bless You! Rey C.
* I reached out to The Stuffed Cuban after finding him on Yelp, seeing that all his reviews were 5-star, and thinking he had a cool name. I went to his website and liked his bio, but you never know until you actually start dealing with someone. I have to say that Chef Jorge was nothing but professional from his fiThe Stuffed Cuban did it again. We had an event at St. John Clinic Medical Center for Mother's Day and we made the right choice to bring him in as he put a smile in many Moms who attended. The Moms left with a big smile and full of compliments for Chef Jorge and his daughter. Wow Amazing Fantastic were just a few words used to describe the Food Chef Jorge made for them. Thanks again to the Alvarez family and may God continue to Bless Yourst email to his follow-up text after the event. He gave me a menu and price immediately after our first contact. I had my doubts and was considering another caterer, but Chef Jorge always answered my questions patiently. Fast forward to the day of the event; Chef Jorge delivered as promised. He was there early to set up before the guests arrived. I liked that we were having a family event and his helpers were his wife and daughter, (all very friendly and polite). I went with a Cuban menu of yuquitas fritas accompanied by The Stuffed Cuban's homemade cilantro sauce as appetizer, and then followed by cooked-on-location arroz con pollo accompanied by a salad and fried plantains. I've had guests tell me that they enjoyed the yuquitas, the sauce, and the arroz con pollo. At the end of the event Chef Jorge and family picked everything up and packed all the leftovers for me to take home. I'm still having leftovers two days later and still enjoying. Aixa G.
* We hired The Suffed Cuban for a 50th Birthday celebration with about 80 guests and were extremely pleased. Not only was the vaca frita, moro rice and yuca frita amazingly delicious but he made everything appear effortless and kept behind the scene. He was generous in his servings. worked with the menu we wanted and within the restrictions we established and he gave us a great price. Everything was good. The food was warm and everything was kept clean. I would highly recommend Chef Jorge for any party and plan to use him again in the near future.. Carlos E.
* We used the Stuffed Cuban to cater a work event held in Coral Gables. Chef Jorge was extremely professional, flexible, prompt and a joy to work with. Our event included executives from around the world and I wanted to give them a taste of authentic Cuban cuisine. Chef Jorge's food was exactly what I had in mind. I've lived in Miami for 12 years and I know authentic Cuban food and Chef Jorge did not disappoint. I would use Chef Jorge again without hesitation. Al G.
* Chef Jorge did an amazing job catering the annual Florida Wildlife Commission Officers and staff Christmas lunch this past Friday. The meat lovers paella was outstanding, along with the stuffed tostones! The Stuffed Cuban is highly recommended! Ignacio B.
* Hi Chef Jorge, Thank you so much. Everyone enjoyed the food it was fabulous and we needed a change! I would highly recommend you becoming one of our preferred vendors at FIU, I can get you the details if you like! Rachel G.
* Thank you, Chef Jorge and Maxine the best photographer! Our parents' anniversary party was made extra special with The Stuffed Cuban's touch. The delicious appetizers: your signature stuffed tostones, and garbanzos, and then the main dish: Arroz Campesino/paella was AMAZING and beautifully presented too. We appreciated your team's help and making our event memorable. I will recommend anyone who needs their party catered to use you!!! Jessica F.
* Had the honor of having The Stuffed Cuban cater my 50th Birthday and the Food was amazing. Jorge made our night special with all the great food prepared and that Cilantro Sauce we all heard of is right on the money. It is special. Next time you need someone to cater a party this is the Company to do it with. You will not regret it. Thanks Jorge and Family! Silvia R.
* I haven't been in Miami too long but I do have to say that I have been enjoying Cuban fare since I've started living here. Having had a lot of Cuban food, I'd have to say that these people really know their Cuban food. Their stuffed Tostones (Rellenos I believe it's called) are insanely addicting (I had 3 myself in one sitting), and the arroz con pollo I had was literally the best I've had. Really give this place a try. *Bonus* The people that run this seem to have some great family values and great hearts. Phillip T.
* We held an event in Coral Gables and had the stuffed Cuban making tostones relleno.... oh my God they were amazing. Food was delicious and the customer service was amazing as well. Definitely try them out. You won't regret it. Cecilia M.
* The Stuffed Cuban is your "CALL TO" for a catering company for all of your events. I had the opportunity of tasting Jorge's cooking at a staff luncheon - it was delicious!!! The first appetizer of the "Stuffed Tostones" were amazing!!! I couldn't stop going for extras & had 2 more with the "Arroz Con Pollo" main dish. Even the salad was delish!!! Don't think twice about calling Jorge & his team @ The Stuffed Cuban (Love the name!) for your family, social, corporate & non-profit events. I admire Jorge for having a vision & going for it!!! Way to go, Jorge!!! Much success to The Stuffed Cuban!! Elaine F.